Login |  Register |  help

Lumen Christi Catholic High School was opened in 1968 as a result of the Catholic Community of Jackson's determination to build a modern educational high school that would serve the varied educational needs of all the Catholic youth of Jackson. The project was spearheaded by the Rev. Joseph Coyle, OSFS, who also served as the first principal of the school.

This school is under the over-all direction of the Bishop of Lansing through the Diocesan Board of Education. It is supported and maintained by the nine Catholic parishes of Jackson: St. Joseph, St John's, St. Stanislaus, St. Mary's, Our Lady of Fatima, Queen of the Miraculous Medal, St. Rita, St. Catherine, and St. John's, Albion.

Lumen Christi Catholic High School ranks among the finest Catholic central high schools in the state of Michigan. The total area of the school encompasses 155,000 square feet. The educational concept of the interior presents a departmentalized system with practical flexibility to meet new and changing educational demands. Vital to the education of its students is a comprehensive resource center and a library with a seating capacity of 265. The 180 foot domed gymnasium seats 3,000 people for varsity athletic and community events. The cafetorium (combined cafeteria and auditorium), with complete kitchen facilities, accommodates 500 for dining and approximately 800 for assemblies or other social functions.

The athletic teams are known as the Titans and are members of the Capital Area Activities Conference for all sports but football, and the Southwestern Michigan Athletic Conference for football.

This page was created in 0.1250 seconds on server 132